Zinc Oral Drops Benefits
- Zinc is an important trace mineral for all New Zealanders due to soil depletions
- Zinc is an essential trace mineral and is a component in over 200 known enzymes in the body
- Zinc is a powerful antioxidant and helps protect against free radical damage
- Zinc supports the body with wound healing, sensory function, sexual function and skin health
- Supports healthy immune system function during susceptible times
- Zinc is essential for the proper action of hormones such as insulin, growth hormones and the sex hormones in both males and females
Zinc Oral Drops Features
- High potency zinc in liquid format for enhanced absorption and utilisation in the body
- Well tolerated form of zinc suitable for a wide range of age groups including children
- Zinc sulfate provides a quality form of zinc
- Liquid format provides cost effective flexible dosing
- Well tolerated
- Can be taken alongside conventional medicines
- Suitable for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding
Active Ingredient in 1 drop:
|Zinc (from zinc sulfate)||1||mg|
Also Contains: purified water, citric acid, sodium citrate and potassium sorbate.
No added: gluten, dairy, yeast, sugar, artificial colours, sweeteners, flavours or preservatives.
Mix with water or juice.
Adults: up to 11-15 drops per day.
Children and adolescents (9-18 years): up to 8-15 drops per day.
Children (4-8 years): up to 5-12 drops per day.
Children (1-3 years): up to 3-7 drops per day.
(NB: highest daily dose reflects safe tolerable upper level for each age or the maximum permissible over-the-counter dose in New Zealand (15mg)).
|Age||Dietary Reference Intakes
(recommended daily intake)
|Children 1-3 years||3mg|
|Children 4-8 years||5mg|
|Children 9-13 years||8mg|
|Males 14-18 years||11mg|
|Males 19 years +||11mg|
|Females 14-18 years||9mg|
|Females 19 years +||8mg|
|Pregnancy 14-18 years||12mg|
|Pregnancy 19 years +||11mg|
|Lactation 14-18 years||13mg|
|Lactation 19 years +||12mg|